Your Rights and Obligations
- You may view all text, graphics, images and any other materials on this Site (Content) and download and/or print any Content that we have expressly permitted may be printed or downloaded on your personal computer for your personal, non-commercial use.
You may also copy extracts from submissions, press releases, statistics or other Content on the Site for the purposes of quotation or further publication so long as you:
- attribute the extracts copied from the Site to us or any other relevant author of such Content;
- do not misquote or alter such Content in a manner that affects the integrity of such Content or is misleading or misrepresents the statements made on the Site by us or any other person; and
- do not falsely attribute any Content copied from the Site.
You agree you will not:
- alter or remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notice of ours or of any other company or person appearing on this Site; or
- sell or licence the Content; or
- to the maximum extent permitted by law, reverse engineer, translate, adapt or modify any software used in connection with this Site; or
- create any links from any other website to this Site without our express prior written permission; or
- use any Content for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
Copyright and Trade marks
All intellectual property rights in:
- the Content;
- the arrangement of the Content; and
- software and tools accessed via the Site, belongs to us or is licensed to us.
- The trade marks on this Site are our registered or unregistered trade marks.
- The names of other companies and products referred to on this Site may be the trade marks of their respective owners.
- You must not use any logo or other trade mark on the Site, without our consent or the consent of the relevant owner of the trade mark.
- All intellectual property rights in:
Sharing Content from our Site
- We may allow you to share or embed, on third party sites, the Content.
- We do not grant you any rights in any Content due to the sharing and embedding functions on the Site.
- We reserve all rights in the Content, including to require you to remove Content which you have shared or embedded in our absolute discretion.
- You may not use the Content for commercial purposes except with our prior written consent.
- Content may only be embedded or shared in accordance with the functionality of the Site.
- You must comply with any request to remove Content as soon as possible after we notify you of such a request.
No Professional Advice
- The information on this Site is for general information and guidance in respect of insurance, the insurance industry and disasters. Do not use such information to replace advice by a qualified insurance or financial advisor.
- We strongly recommend that you consult a professional before following any information provided on this Site. You should not rely on the Site as your exclusive or primary source of information. You must exercise independent skill and care in the choice of any insurance or products or services that may be referred to on this Site.
- Accuracy of Information
We are providing this Site and the Content on an “as is” basis. While we try to keep the information on the Site as accurate, complete and up to date as possible, we do not represent or make any warranty in respect of the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or continuous supply of any of the Content contained in or distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from this Site or the results obtained from using this Site.
Availability of the Site
- While we try to ensure that the Site is available continuously but we do not represent or warrant that access will be secure, error free, uninterrupted or timely or that the Site or the related server are free of viruses, bugs or other harmful applications or interference. It is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks to satisfy your own requirements.
- We may suspend your access to the Site without prior notice due to maintenance, system failure, repair or any other reason beyond our control.
- As a registered user, you may access or contribute to any public forums or blogs on the Site, if any. If you contribute to a public forum or blog on the Site your question will be stored and displayed on the Site unless you notify us that you want your question to remain private. No email addresses will be shown in the public forums or blogs.
- We decide whether to publish, edit, delete, block, reject, take down or remove any part or all of any content you post to any public forums or blogs on the Site (Forum Content). However, we are not obliged to monitor or independently verify any Forum Content or to edit, delete or refuse to post or transmit any Forum Content.
- We will not be responsible or liable for the content of any material (including but not limited to the Forum Content) posted to this Site by us or by third parties which is defamatory, offensive, obscene, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, pornographic or which in any way infringes a third party rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights.
- You retain all intellectual property rights in your Forum Content. You grant us an irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use, modify, transmit, communicate to the public, reproduce and sublicense your Forum Content in any form, including on the Site and in any print or electronic publication.
- You consent to us doing or omitting to do any and all acts in relation to your Forum Content that would otherwise infringe any past, existing or future moral rights in the Forum Content. You waive any rights you may have to take action against us in relation to any act or omission which would otherwise infringe any past, existing or future moral rights in your Forum Content.
- You warrant that the Forum Content is your original work and you own all rights in relation to the Forum Content. You indemnify us against any action, claim or proceedings alleging that the Forum Content infringes the rights of any person, and any cost, charge, expense, payment, loss, damage or liability suffered or incurred by us in connection with the foregoing.
- You must not include, in your Forum Content, any links to any third party websites.
- To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or damage which you may suffer or incur or which may arise directly or indirectly in connection with your supply of Forum Content to our public forums and blogs, or the subsequent use of your Forum Content by us or any third parties.
- We reserve our right to refuse to post or transmit or to remove or alter any Forum Content (in whole or in part), the transmission or the posting of which would, in our sole discretion, violate any right of any person or constitute an offence or a breach of any policy, notice or other requirement of ours.
- To report undesirable posts to blogs or forums on the Site, or to bring to our attention users who may not be complying with these Terms, please email us at email@example.com. Please do not post your grievances on the Site.
Third Party Sites
- We may link this Site to other websites which are not under our control, or maintained by us including any third party tools. We have not reviewed the content of such websites for accuracy or otherwise.
- We are providing these links to you only as a matter of convenience and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible for the content of such websites.
- We do not endorse or recommend any products, materials or services displayed or offered on any websites which may be linked to this Site.
Third party events
- We may advertise or sponsor functions, events or other activities that may be conducted by third parties.
- We do not accept any responsibility in connection with your participation in activities conducted by any third party.
Privacy and confidentiality
- Any communication or material sent by you to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, submissions. comments or suggestions, are and will be treated as non-confidential, except to the extent that any such communication or material or any part of it comprises personal information as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Disclaimer of Warranties
- We do not represent or warrant the quality or reliability of any products, services, information about any products or services, or other materials displayed, purchased or obtained by you as a result of you responding to any advertisement or any other Content in or in connection with this Site.
- Any reliance you place on any Content will be at your own risk and it is solely your responsibility to ensure that the Content and any goods or services purchased as a result of using this Site meet your requirements.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to make any correction, improvements to or to withdraw or correct any error or omission in any portion of the Content and/or Site and any products or services referred to therein without notice.
Limitation of Liability
- We do not warrant or represent that the Content is suitable for your requirements. Subject to any condition, warranty or right implied by, or any statutory consumer guarantee contained in, any law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) which cannot by law be excluded by agreement, we give no warranties, and you have no rights, apart from those, if any, expressly set out in these Terms and all implied conditions, warranties and rights are excluded.
- We exclude to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of your use of the Content on this Site. Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by us is, to the extent permitted by law, limited as provided and as per our option under section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. We will not be liable for any economic loss whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss arising out of any action taken by you in reliance of any information or service provided on this Site.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of this Site and any related services immediately if you commit a breach of any of these Terms or otherwise upon reasonable notice.
- Modification to Terms
- In these Terms, any reference to "you" in these Terms includes a reference to anyone acting on your behalf or with your express or implied authority.
- These Terms between you and us will be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. You agree that any dispute or legal proceeding in relation to this Site shall be brought exclusively in the courts of New South Wales.
- If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms comprise the entire agreement between you and us.